The JSS College of Nursing Alumni Association has a distinguished history of fostering a tenacious loyalty and deep commitment to the field of Nursing. Association is Led by a board of committee members, the mission of the Alumni Association is to support the college of Nursing and its alumni, and to further alumni involvement with the college and fellowship among alumni.
All alumni are members of the Alumni Association; currently there are more than members. Each year, the Alumni Association hosts Alumni Reunion and other events at the college of Nursing. These events are a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with friends and classmates, to meet students and professors, and to see the college
The Association is a human network that exists to:
The JSS College of Nursing Alumni association, subscribing to national concerns and institutional objectives, commits itself to produce a fully functioning nurse prepared to render health care services to the clientele in any social and cultural setting, ready to assume responsibility for one’s professional growth.
After completion of the four-year Bachelor of Nursing course, the College aims to produce a nurse who:
1. Possesses scientific and technical competencies in the delivery of health care services.
2. Possesses a compassionate and committed praxis of health care towards clientele.
3. Demonstrates the capacity for creative and critical thinking in decisions that affect the client’s care.
4. Applies ethico-moral-legal responsibilities in the protection of life.
5. Assumes responsibilities for one’s personal and professional growth.
6. Establish linkages with health care agencies and institutions for employment opportunities.
7. Monitor the quality of employment of its graduates where feasible.
8. To foster cooperation and fellowship among its members.
9. To assist with professional development.
10. To give advisory and consultancy services to organizations on matters concerning management, technology and development programs.
11. To network with other similar organizations or societies and industry for the furtherance of education and training.
12. To do all such other lawful things as are conductive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/or beneficial to the interests of the Association and its Alumni
13. To collect administration charges by way of membership fees, annual subscriptions, entrance / enrollment fees, annual publication fees, chapter fees, annual service charges, etc. from members.
14. To Organize Seminars, Workshops, conferences, discussions among the various issues in nursing.
15. To arrange social and cultural functions
16. To bring out publication for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Association.